This Beef, sweet potato and pepper skillet is Whole30/Paleo and toddler approved. Healthy and delicious, this skillet will leave everyone asking for more.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Beef, Sweet Potato & Pepper Skillet
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground beef
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 Bell Peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1" pieces I like to use red and yellow. Use any color you like. I highly recommend using different color peppers for added color and flavor.
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp Fine ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil I highly recommend
Primal KitchenAvocado oil
- 1 Yellow onion or sweet onion. Diced.
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced.
- Veggie prep. Peel and cube sweet potato. Peel and dice onion, peel and mince garlic. Clean and cube bell pepper. Garlic, onion and bell pepper can all be placed together in a bowl before cooking. Peel and thinly slice avocado.
- Over med heat Cook sweet potato in a large skillet with 1 cup water. Cook with lid on until the sweet potato is slightly tender. Poke it with a fork or knife to check tenderness. approx. 5 minutes.
- Drain water from sweet potato and set aside.
- In the same skillet, unless you would like to use two at once. If you want to use two at once, start this step right after placing the sweet potato on to cook. Add avocado oil and ground beef, cook over med heat. Stir and break up beef. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add ground pepper and salt. mix well.
- Add cubed bell pepper, diced onion, and mined garlic. Continue to cook 5 minutes or until the garlic, onion, and bell pepper are cooked to your desired level.
- Add in cooked sweet potato and coconut aminos. Cook until veggies have all reached your desired level.
- Top with avocado to garnish.
- Serve with any side. I highly recommend steamed green beans.