With all the negative and scary headlines on the news, how do you stay joyful? How do you stay calm, positive, and happy? How do you invest in your happiness? Take a minute and think about it. What have you done for your happiness today?
For me, staying positive means reading my bible at night before bed. Staying calm means working on the yard with my boys. Feeling the dirt between my fingers and sometimes my toes. Planting flowers and veggies in the garden. Happiness is sometimes a hot cup of coffee outside in the morning while the boys play in the dirt.
Tips for staying positive
- Listen to your favorite music
- Share positivity with a simple act of kindness
- Smile, especially at others
- Do something for yourself
Tips for staying calm
- Read a book
- Stay active, if we like it or not our mental state is directly linked to our health. It is important to stay physically healthy as well.
- Diffuse some calming essential oils such as lavender or chamomile.
- Let it all go, sounds easy. Sometimes this takes extra effort but can really pay off.
Tips for staying happy
- Journal, write down what you are really grateful for. Buying the cute journal is half the fun for me on this one.
- Get plenty of rest, we all need our beauty sleep.
- Eat healthy. Keep your meals balanced and healthy. Your body and mind will thank you.
- Try a new recipe. Like my delicious and healthy Cashew chicken.
- Go on an adventure. You don’t have to go on a fancy vacation. Think a new park you want to explore or maybe a beach you have yet to visit. Keep it simple.
- Make sure to invest in your happiness daily!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.